Malaysian Stone Lover Society , a non-profit organization, was formed in 1996. It is a society involved in promoting the culture of natural art-stone appreciation and provide a platform for Malaysian of all walks of life to participate in activities like stones exhibition, discussion and interaction regarding this art form. There are thousands of natural art-stone collectors in Malaysia spread all over the nation. Malaysian Stone Lover Society is the largest and also is the main stone lover society in Malaysia, we hold exhibitions in art galleries and complexes every year with hundreds of participants. During the Millennium Year 2000, the society successfully held the most grand stone exhibition in the National Visual Art Gallery, one of the earliest Chinese art culture performed in the Gallery. There were also numerous International level exhibitions held over the years, as we have an international body that gather all the countries with similar stone appreciation groups.
There are ways to appreciate the natural art-stone, that is viewing through different angles an dimensions. Three dimension viewing stone is expressed by its shape; and two dimension viewing stone is expressed by its surface’s pattern, lines and colors.
The different types of stones are listed as below:
1) Scenery stone – It is like the miniature of natural landscape , e.g. mountain, waterfall, river stream , lake, island and etc. It will make you feel and admire the beauty of mother nature.
2) Shape stone – It looks like the shape of certain object, e.g. human, animal, gods and etc.
3) Pattern stone – It shows wonderful color pattern or lines , like drawing of mountain range, flowers, animal, words and etc.
4) Abstract stone - like amazing natural sculpture of various shapes which is out of our imagination.
5) Meditation stone – Usually it is a simple round or elongated round shape stone with hard and even surface texture and homogeneous dark color. It could lead your mind into a calm state, it is precious for its spiritual aspect